Position: Q&A

How can foreigners apply for long-term residence permits?

Article From:          Time:2014-09-26 10:51:00


  Q:  How can foreigners apply for long-term residence permits?  


  A:Materials Required: 

    1. A valid passport and visa or residence permit 

    2. Certificate of health (exempted for those foreigners with residence permit) 

    3. Two recent 2-inch carnet color portrait photos where your entire face is visible.  

    4. Attestation of the ID card in Shanghai and Work Experience of the Foreigner produced by his/her employer; 

    5. Certificate of honor or commendation certificate (photocopy); 

    6. Depending on the different conditions of applicants, the following materials are also required: 

    a. Applicant who has invested and established an enterprise in Shanghai shall submit the photocopy of the enterprise's business license (counterpart); 

    b. Urgently-needed technician or main contributor shall submit the Letter of Recommendation for Long-term Residential Qualification of Foreigners produced by competent municipal authorities or the photocopy of individual commendation certificate issued by the municipal government. 

    A person accompanied by spouse and/or child must also present a certificate of kinship.